TIDE - why run the course?
The course will
- provide an excellent grounding for people who want to be radical followers of Jesus;
- help to deal with their past and
- release and equip them into their gifting for future service.
It is also a very flexible course that can be used with a variety of groups, big or small.
There is no right way or wrong way to run this course. It can be used in whatever way you think will be most helpful for you and your group.
Here are some possible ways it has been used (let us know if you try a different way):
- Whole church on Sundays over 12 weeks/months with home groups doing it during the week. The church leaders could teach the material on the Sunday and home groups could use the videos.
- All home groups use the videos over 12 weeks or longer period to allow time to spend more than one session on each topic.
- One church has offered the course to those who sign up and then linked each individual on the course with a mentor who can meet with them to work through some of the issues raised in the weeks between the sessions.
- It is possible to take the course over anything up to 12 months as there are suggestions at the end of each session for 3 further weeks.
- Run it like an Alpha/Christianity Explored event over 12 weeks using the video or a speaker but incorporated into an evening starting with a meal the following possible format:
- 6:30 p.m. Leaders’ prayer meeting
- 7:00 p.m. Participants arrive for the meal
- 7:45 p.m. DVD/Talk
- 8:30 p.m. Response/Prayer
- 9:00 p.m. End of the evening
- A daytime group for those at home
- A church houseparty/holiday.There are 12 sessions and so to do them justice it is probably overloading people to do more than three a day which means the time away would have to be at least 4 days.
- a college Christian Union or fellowship
- work through the material on your own (not the best way as the interaction with others is most helpful).
It is best to do the sessions in the order in which they are presented as there is a natural progression in these and to do these on a regular basis so that momentum is maintained.
- 4 High Street
- High Shincliffe
- DH1 2PN
44 (0) 7929 262224